I principally use a Canon EOS 5D Mark II, with several lenses to cover most occasions, this takes images up to 21.1 Megapixels. In layman’s terms this means you can blow photos up big – there is some talk of prints up to 3′ x 2′ being quite an acceptable quality!
I’ll carry a minimum of two lenses – a wide angle for group shots, landscapes etc. and a telephoto lens for candid ranged photographs, wildlife and sports photography. Both lenses are Canon’s highest quality professional glass and feature the latest in Image Stabilising technology. These allow the highest quality images to be taken in a non-intrusive way even in dismal lighting conditions (like churches!).
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 17-40 f/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Intel i7 920
- 16gb RAM
- 2x1GB Hard Drives (RAID 0)
- 1x64GB SSD Hard Drive
- 2 x 1920×1080 Monitors
- Windows 8 (I’m a sinner for not running a Mac, I know – but I’ve had 20 years of PC use!)
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- 12 x Memory Cards, principally 8GB Sandisk Ultra IVs